Monday, December 12, 2016

健力士司陶特啤酒 Connor's Stout Draught @ O'Galito Bar and Grill KL Pavilion

12.12.2016 Happy Hour
@ O'Galito Bar and Grill KL Pavilion
KL Pavilion
健力士司陶特啤酒 Connor's Stout Draught $17.10
Thoughts: Connor's Stout Draught is Irish origin. It is very different from Guiness Stout Draught. I like both, they have different characters. 
I believe Connor's Stout is always brewed locally by Carlsberg at Shah Alam. The production process was interesting, from milling, marshing, mash filter, boiling, cooling, fermentation, filtering to packaging.
I think the foam head is creamier than Guinness, the bartender said it is smoother (this part no idea). My glass was really a small one, should be less than 1/2 pint. 
When I was in Japan, we had Sake every night during the winter, as it was -15 degree C. Each of our hostel room was given a one small tank of Sake for each Casio Trainee at Yamagata Japan. If I did not have Sake, I will be shivering in the cold winter night until morning. 
Leaving Casio means no more Sake (never had any for 20+years), and less beer for that matter. Lately, trying out some of the beers was interesting, reminds me a lot of the good times with my teacher Mr. Maeda in Japan and in KL, some good memories. 
Rating: 5 / 5

Connors Stout Draugh @ O'Galito Bar and Grill KL Pavilion