Friday, December 23, 2016

三间庄清汤猪肉丸老鼠粉 Pork Noodle @ 永兴城茶室 Restoran Win Heng Seng KL Jalan Imbi

23.10.2016 Breakfast
永兴城茶室 Win Heng Seng at Jalan Imbi, KL
三间庄清汤猪肉丸老鼠粉 Pork Noodle $8 + $2 (add-on)
183, Jalan Imbi, 55100 Kuala Lumpur
Review: Visited this stall on October 13 where I ordered the Dry version. Today I ordered the Soup version but still with my favorite Rat noodle. Add-on $2 for the 猪肉丸 Pork balls. Although I still prefer the dry version. I did notice many other customers order other variants which I should be trying on my next visit. 
三间庄 pork noodle is nice, it's just that the meats (pork balls or pork sausages) are very salty, but funny as I do like it with lots of pepper sprinkled on the dry rat noodle version. 
About 三间庄猪肉丸粉 ...  It comes with “湯式” and “乾式” (Soup and Dry variant), seems to be an origin of KL and Klang Valley and therefore uniquely Malaysian Chinese creation! It is said that near KL China Town (Petaling Street), especially on 敦陳禎祿路 Tun Tan Cheng Lock Road; there is a shop called “三間庄“ which was famous for its 豬肉丸粉 (Pork ball noddle), where the pork ball is not rounded shape but rather square shaped. That shop's location is now where Kota Raya is, of course if is now no longer there! But the word 三間庄豬肉丸粉 is widely used on all hawkers stalls which are selling this Malaysian made noodle. 
Rating: 3 / 5

三间庄清汤猪肉粉 $10 @ 永興城茶餐室 Weng Heng Seng KL Pudu 三间庄清汤猪肉粉 $10 @ 永興城茶餐室 Weng Heng Seng KL Pudu 三间庄清汤猪肉粉 $10 @ 永興城茶餐室 Weng Heng Seng KL Pudu