Tuesday, January 10, 2017

中东羊肉披萨 Lamb Manakeesh @ Sana'a Restaurant KL Bukit Bintang

10.01.2017 Lunch
Sana'a Restaurant KL Bukit Bintang
B2, B3, B4 Mezzanine Floor, Fahrenheit 88, 179, Bukit Bintang KL
中东羊肉披萨 Lamb Manakeesh $16 
Adani Tea $5
Thoughts: I bring this weeks students from Saudi Arabia to Sana'a, I wanted to try something different which is pizza middle east style! So, I ordered the Lamb Manaqeesh. Manakeesh, also manaqish, manaeesh or manakish or in singular form man'ousheh is a popular Levantine food (Lavantine is a name for groups of country in the Eastern Mediterranean including Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, and Isreael) consisting of dough topped with thyme (kind of herb), cheese, or ground meat, quite similar to a pizza. Instead of thyme which probably I should have chosen, I opted for the lamb topping. 
It is thin crust but the crust was really wet at the bottom and not crunchy at all. It was really sour and oily, the whole pizza is nothing but sour lime taste. Took 1.5 pieces and request my student to inquire why of so much overpowering lime taste! The 'captain' acknowledged the mistake and return back the pizza to the kitchen. We waited for 15 minutes and without any news, we decided to leave the restaurant to go back to class!  
Don't order the pizza, certainly this was different from my previous visits. The last visit's impression here was bad compared to when Fateh and Wadi brought me here in November 2013 where I had a good time and enjoyed the service here! 
Rating: 4 / 10 😐😐  

Lamb Manaqeesh $16 @ Sana'a Restaurant
Lamb Manaqeesh $16 @ Sana'a Restaurant
Mr. Abdullah Alfasili from Sabic, Saudi Arabia at Sanna's Bukit Bintang
Adani Tea $5 @ Sana'a Restaurant
@ Sana'a Restaurant
Sana