Wednesday, January 4, 2017

扣肉椰漿饭 Braised Pork Belly Nasi Lemak @ Tasts Legendary Nasi Lemak at KL Chow Kit Market

04.01.2017 Breakfast
Taste Legendary Nasi Lemak at Chow Kit Market KL
Jalan Raja Bot, Chow Kit, 50300 Kuala Lumpur
扣肉椰漿饭 Braised pork belly Nasi Lemak $6.30
奶茶 Teh C $1.70
Thoughts: I have no idea on the Stall name but the GPS is (N 03 09.900, E 101 41.963) and is located at the heart of one of the most notorious place in KL which is Chow Kit. Fire broke out at the Chow Kit market on October 2015, it destroyed 2 blocks of the dry market, the iconic areas of the Chow Kit Market for street photographers. I have never visited Chow Kit since the fire, today I found the destroyed areas were already sealed off. Luckily there are parts of the photogenic areas reminiscent of the old KL still exist. And I can still find the pork belly Nasi Lemak! 
The choices are Kangkung, curry patato, sotong, pork curry, and of course my favorite which is the pork belly. Suffice to say, the coconut rice is definitely unforgettable in every visit. The stall is not exactly easy to locate but perhaps ask some of the Chinese at chow kit market, they maybe able to point the direction. 
Today's anchovies were very very salty. Well, I was feeling the Masala Tea was too sweet and the anchovies were too salty! Perhaps its nothing wrong with the food but my aging biological body of signaling what I should be eating!
Rating: 8 / 10

2017-01-04_11-39-52
2017-01-04_11-40-32
2017-01-04_11-38-50
@ KL Chow Kit Market