Sunday, February 19, 2017

Egg Cake with cheese @ Al Ezzel Power Plant

19.02.2017 Lunch
Al Ezzel Power Plant 
Kingdom of Bahrain
Egg Cake with cheese $18  
Thoughts: First work day (on a Sunday) at the Al Ezzel Power Plant in Bahrain. Everyone is allowed 1.8 BD (Bahrain Dinar), but the exchange rate is like every BD = 12 MYR, so 1.8 BD is around 20 MYR. That 1.8 BD is the total amount in the food one can order from the menu. There are 2 menu, one middle-east menu and another Indian menu. 
I ordered and Egg Cake with cheese to continue my vegetarian today till the evening. It also comes together with salad. Was told its middle east and western cooking fusion. I think its ok, the salad portion is also quite big. 
Interesting the Al Ezzel Power Plant only employs Male employees. Next to it is a prison camp ! The Power Plant is about 15 minutes from the Al-Safir hotel by car. Interestingly the driver who will be bringing me to-from the factory to hotel is from India who has worked in the middle-east for more than 10 years. It does seem that out of 1 million population in Bahrain, around 50% are foreign workers I understood from the driver mostly from Pakistan, India, and Bangladesh, and Western Countries. 
Coming back to the food, I will ask my students to order for me from the menu from tomorrow and making sure I try different choices everyday for the next 9 working days.
Rating: 4 / 5

Lunch Egg Cake with cheese $18 @ Engie Bahrain