Monday, February 6, 2017

铁公鸡 Chicken Boxing @ Sergeant Chicken Rice KL Pavilion

06.02.2017 Snack after work
Seargeant Chicken Rice at Food Republic KL Pavilion
168, Jalan Bukit Bintang, Bukit Bintang, 55100 KL
铁公鸡 Chicken Boxing $8.90
Thoughts: The Chinese say never eat chicken when one is coughing, I have no idea why but a short googling reveals it was because chicken is considered a "cold" dish! But I also saw one person writing that "You SHOULD eat chicken when you have a cough, cold or flu. Chicken has been shown to have anti-inflammatory properties in it which helps when you are sick." 
But strolling around Food Republic at KL Pavilion, I decided on the forbidden "Chicken". I went ahead to order the Chicken Boxing for 6 pcs at $8.90, very unhealthy and very nice. 
Really wonder why it is called 铁公鸡 (Iron Cock) or Chicken Boxing in English! 
But I first tasted 铁公鸡 when I was in high school with my dad at China Town KL's Restoran Yook Woo Hin (玉壺軒茶樓), but the shop no longer exist as the younger generation opt not to continue the business. 玉壺軒 sells Dim Sum in the morning and cook meals in the afternoon. 
玉壶軒,老字号 ended its 84 years of business in 2012 on Merdeka Day of August 31!
玉壶軒's 铁公鸡 in my opinion served with their special sweet sauce (not from ketcup bottle) to me was still the best. I remember visiting this place alone during non-assignment days in KL always ordering this dish before 2012, those are the good old days! 
Rating: 5 / 10 🤔🤔

Chicken Boxing $8.90 @ Sergeant Chicken Rice KL Pavilion
Chicken Boxing $8.90 @ Sergeant Chicken Rice KL Pavilion
@ Sergeant Chicken Rice KL Pavilion
@ Sergeant Chicken Rice KL Pavilion